Sunday, March 25, 2012

Check out my blowout: Day 6: Season's Over

Previously:  day 1day 2day 3, day 4, day 5

Well, Michigan Hockey's season came to an abrupt end Friday night thanks to a Cornell OT goal that finished off an undisciplined Wolverine squad.  It was a disappointing finish, especially given last year's unlikely run to the final game, but as is ever true, there's always next year, and Red Berenson's group is the model of consistency--a team with a football-like streak of post-season appearances.

As such, I thought I'd take the opportunity to show off the remaining hockey haul from my COMC package on this last temperate day before we get back to ordinary March weather up here:

Andrew Ebbett 2009-10 Upper Deck Ice Glacial Graphs auto:
This is my second Ebbett auto, and definitely my favorite of the two because of the sweet translucent effect of the design of the card.  It's also my first Blackhawks hit, and I like how he also signed his number on this one, a different jersey/number than appears on the other card I have. 

 Jeff Jillson 2002 In the Game Signature Series auto:
Double J is the first of two new hockey PC members today.  Jillson was an outstanding D-man in college, went #14 to the Sharks in 1999 and bounced around the league for a bit, though he's now playing over in Europe.  This is my first Sharks hit and a great looking autograph of an excellent Michigan defenseman.

Mike Cammalleri 2007-08 Fleer Hot Prospects Hot Materials jersey:
I may have to rename this blog "Too Many Mikes."  Cammy is my fourth different "Mike," hopefully with more to come.  He also represents my first LA Kings hit, though that number may go up if I can nab some of Jack Johnson's earlier cards.  Another new member to the PC, I'm thrilled to have something of one of the league's better snipers. 

Mike Knuble 2006-07 Be a Player Signatures auto:
My third Knuble features Mike (another one!) on his third different team, and since we're talking about hockey today, I'll call that a hit trick:  three hits of a player on three unique teams.  I have a feeling a certain blogger who's come up with his own unique spin on the trifecta will enjoy that!



Those four hits round out my hockey PC at 30 cards, which isn't bad because until recently I had very, very few hockey hits at all.  The overall four-sport PC sits at 581, but I'll easily hit 600, and then some, when these posts are finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment