Monday, March 12, 2012

Check out my blowout: day 1: basketball

It's time for another marathon of posts thanks to my second big COMC purchase of the year.  A good chunk of the cards went to Jeff, and I know he'll be dying to show off the Michigan stuff here before long, but I'm kicking things off today with basketball in honor of Michigan's shared Big Ten title and excellent overall season.


Bernard Robinson 2004-05 Upper Deck Black Diamond GemoGRAPHy auto:
Thanks to Jeff, this is my second Robinson auto.  I managed to pick up one for him with Bernard in a Michigan uni, but I decided to keep this one for myself so I had a couple of the guy.  He's now tied with two other players for the lead in my basketball PC. AT TWO. 

Juwan Howard 2007-08 Upper Deck Game Jersey jersey:
Here's one of today's two new PC members, and he happens to be one of the Fab Five.  Remembering that team now that it's March Madness time is sort of bittersweet for those of us who are Michigan fans, but there's no denying this group was insanely talented and fun to watch.

Robert Traylor 2005-06 Upper Deck Hardcourt Signatures auto:
Traylor tragically passed away of a heart attack last May.  I guess as big a dude as he was (he wasn't nicknamed "Tractor" for nothin'), it wasn't a huge surprise, but that didn't make it any less devastating for Michigan fans.
This is a fairly nice card despite its simplicity and sticker auto, and I like that Traylor is sort of wearing some Wolverines-like maize, even if he's playing for an Ohio team.

That's all the basketball I picked up, but don't worry--there's PLENTY more from the other three major sports, especially football, of course.  I'm going to go a different route and actually spread these out a bit so my posts don't get too long and unreadable (plus labor-intensive for me) and so I have more to continue posting on in the next couple weeks.  Stay tuned for those posts, and definitely for Jeff's pickups as well, plus more thoughts on Michigan's hockey and basketball playoff runs.  LET'S GO BLUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment