Friday, March 23, 2012

King of the Hill again, a Long tie coming

Sorry for the excessive punnage in the title--you'll get it in a minute.  In another short intermission during my CoMB posts, I bring you another quick eBay purchase I couldn't keep myself from completing:
Rich Hill 2008 SP Authentic By the Letter letter patch auto (#1/50):
This sweet letter patch auto, of whose existence which I was previously ignorant, is Rich Hill #42 for me, tying him with current football leader Jake Long.  I'm pretty happy with that considering a lot of my resources have gone towards the football PC and I got a much later start on baseball.  Who'll wear the crown when the CoMB posts are done?  You'll have to keep reading to find out.

As I said, I hadn't realized Rich had a card in this set.  According to Beckett, he has two sets of letters that spell "HILL" and "CUBS," so I obviously got one of the latter.  Feel free to make your "OMG EBAY 1/1!!1!" jokes--I can't even feign amusement at that crap anymore.  But seriously, this is a Hill I'm very happy to have since I love well done autographed manupatches, and this one looks great all around.  I do think Hill felt a bit limited in terms of where he could sign on the patch, but, small as it is, I think the autograph turned out pretty nicely.

I should be back with more new stuff this weekend, so please keep reading!

2 comments: