Thursday, July 12, 2012

Down with IPP: day 7: penultimate potpourri

Previously:  day 1day 2day 3day 4day 5, day 6

Today's post features what I'd barely consider a theme, if at all:  the last group of cards I had left before my final post featuring the biggest doozies of this large purchase.  That, plus I supposed they're all autographs, so at least I've got that going for me.  Anyway, enjoy this pretty much themeless post, which still features some excellent cards all the same!

Brian Griese 1998 Bowman auto 
 Brian Griese 1998 SP Authentic auto
Griese sure does have a nice signature, doesn't he?  I suppose I forgot since I only had one other auto of him at the time.  Note to self:  buy more autos of our most recent championship QB!  Anyway, you can't really go wrong with either of these superb rookie-year 'graphs.  Make it eight Griese hits, three now being of the autographed variety.

Leon Hall 2007 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor auto (#03/50)
Well, why not?  I do have the base version, after all.  Obviously that's nothing compared to the beauty of this goldified Refractory treat.  Sorry it didn't scan well, as Refractors are sometimes wont to do, but trust me, it's a beauty in-person.  How about 22 hits of the recuperating DB, all autographed?

Steve Hutchinson 2001 SAGE Gold auto (#114/200)
Hutch is a guy without a whole ton of cards, so I gladly picked a nice one of him to add to the PC.  I am up to four of the former star OG, though, with half of them now being autographs.  And here comes Jeff with the old thumbs up for this card and the next one.

Todd Collins 1995 Signature Rookies auto (#686/3000)
Collins is my latest new player in the PC, which is always an exciting occasion, and he's member #85.  Wonder if I can get to 100 different guys before the end of the year?

Todd was a very effective QB for the Maize and Blue, redshirting in 1990 then seeing increasing playing time the next four seasons.  He was drafted in the second round by Buffalo and earned some snaps with the Chiefs, Skins and Bears before retiring after the 2010 season.  Collins hails from an era when Michigan was still churning out pro-ready quarterbacks, though I wouldn't be shocked if that tradition returned to Ann Arbor very soon.  For now, a hearty welcome goes out to Mr. Collins and his sweet auto on this excellent Michigan uni card!

After hitting the 700-hit mark yesterday thanks to BA Benny, I hurdled the 550-hit football barrier today with these five, putting me at 552 with two IPP cards left.  What isn't reflected in that count, though, is another monster of a COMC package that awaits shipment once I have everything all settled over there.  Expect another blowout of that variety before long!

No comments:

Post a Comment