Sunday, May 6, 2018

2018 trade package #8: My Sports Obsession

Besides the eBay cards I showed off on TMV today I came home from my trip last week to another envelope in my mailbox:  a surprise PWE from TMM collaborator Jeff of My Sports Obsession.

As always, Jeff sets his sights on eBay steals that meet his PCs, and sometimes that means doubles and more,  Occasionally that works in my favor, just like when I end up with Wolverine dupes.  That was the case here as he came up with a couple new cards for me:
You just saw THJ in my last post, a trade package from Doug, and now he's back for more.  Here he is on a 2017-18 Prestige base, which carries over one of my favorite brands (thanks to its design) to basketball.  As I said yesterday I hope his positive momentum from this season carries over next year after his triumphant return to the Knicks.
Naturally I'm more excited about this card as a football fan, though you already saw it in Jeff's post here a couple Sundays ago.  Thanks to him winning three of this card I'm now a proud owner of Amara Darboh's 2017 Certified Cuts Future Legends Memorabilia jersey relic.  And what a swatch it is, too, taking up a large portion of its half of the card.  Oversized relics are awesome, and free ones that come in trades are even better!  It's my first such hit out of four Darbohs in my football collection and I'm happy to keep adding more of the Seahawks WR that was fun to watch in Ann Arbor.

Thanks again for this surprise pair, Jeff, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of the stuff I sent your way recently.  GO BLUE!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't have them. I definitely appreciated the package you sent me. I've got everything scanned now so that post (or multiple posts, haven't decided yet) will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always you won't get crap for me about not posting things in a timely manner. Nice finds as usual and thanks for thinking of me!

      Delete