Sunday, March 18, 2012

Trade with Dennis, part 1.

Every time I trade with Dennis, he goes above and beyond.  I don’t know how each package I get from him ends up being better than the last.  He has high standards for the next trade, I can tell you that much.  Although in order for me to get the right cards to match what he sent me, it may be awhile before he has to come up with anything else.  Maybe he just likes to send me awesome cards because some of them go on his blog.  Who am I to complain though, if you got anything you want me to show here, Dennis, go ahead and send them to me.  You should send me all the cards you have in Michigan uniforms, you know, just so I can show them again on your blog.  Go ahead, you know the address.  Until then, let me show you some of this awesome package I received.

trade-dennis09

Bernard Robinson – 2004-2005 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects autograph

My collection seriously lacks the other sports other than football.  I do have a few now of basketball.  I want to say this is my 4th basketball auto, and my 2nd of Bernard Robinson, but that’s without looking.  It may be more, it may be less, but that’s what I remember.

I need to work on my basketball autos, I know I want to get Zack Novack’s and Stu Douglass’ as they are the lone senior starters on this years team.  And after that disappointing finish to our basketball program after the exciting year we had, I can at least look forward to those.  I don’t follow basketball cards enough to know when those kinds of sets will get released so I’ll just have to search every so often.  But I definitely appreciate this addition to the basketball auto’s.

 

 

trade-dennis10

 

 

Leon Hall – 2007 Sage Aspire autograph

Great action shot of the former CB.  Even though I need more basketball autographs, I’m certainly not turning down any football auto’s, especially from players I remember watching.

 

 

 

trade-dennis13

 

Donovan Warren – 2010 Press Pass Authentics Sideline Signatures autograph

Again, never going to turn down autographs of players I remember watching.  Especially with on card autographs.  I’m a long way from my autograph collection catching up with Dennis’ but I like the way it’s heading.

 

 

 

 

trade-dennis12

 

Steve Breaston – 2007 Topps Draft Picks & Prospects autograph

I loved Steve Breaston when he played with us.  He was a great receiver but he was more valuable to us as a return man.  He was exciting to watch when the ball was kicked to him.

And he had an awesome Rose Bowl game in 2005 where he had 315 all-purpose yards.  Which was the last time we’ve seen the Wolverines in the Rose Bowl game.  We lost that one by 1 point to the Texas Longhorns.  But not because of Breaston, he had a career game.

 

 

trade-dennis08

 

Anthony Carter – 2008 Press Pass Authentics Top 25 autograph #’d 112/155

I was drooling over the Anthony Carter cards when Dennis showed them a few days ago.  I even remember being jealous.  There was a Wolverine autograph that I had to have.  One of the all-time greats to wear #1. Then I get this.  An on card autograph and he signed his number underneath.  Are you freaking kidding me, this card is in my collection now?  I can’t thank Dennis enough for this card.  I don’t really know what to say.  Like I said at the top of the post, he’s going to have a hard time topping this trade.  I’m going to have a hard time return the gratitude.

 

 

 

I’ll be back in a day or 2 to finish off the Michigan portion of the trade from Dennis.  With a couple of the cards he sent me, I will be starting a new collection as well.  So stick around for that announcement as well as the more great stuff Dennis has coming.  He also sent me a huge stack of great stuff for my other collections but you’ll have to see those over at My Sports Obsession over the next few weeks..

STAY TRUE TO THE MAIZE AND BLUE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment