Sunday, October 6, 2013

2013 trade package #19: SCFtDS doesn't buck the trend, sends more hockey hits!

And why SHOULDN'T I have another trade package from Doug of Sports Cards From the Dollar Store to show off, especially now that the NHL season is in full gear?  By the way, this marks trade #10 between my Canadian counterpart and I that I've shown off on this here blog!

Besides some football set help (about which I blogged over on TMV) he sent along a smorgasbord of Wolverines,
all eight of which were different, by the way, as he even managed to hit all four sports.  The Brady hails from 2013 Topps, and it's great to have since I'm not so sure I'll be building the set this year.  Meanwhile, the Morris arrives at a great time as I'm diligently working on the project of scanning all my other baseball PC guys, the fruits of which I hope to show off soon!

Doug also promised me a couple of great hits, and as always, he delivered:
Shawn Hunwick 2012-13 Panini Prime Prime Time Rookies jersey (#94/99)
This big, fat jersey swatch of Hunwick is just my second hit of the former Wolverine (and NHL) goalie, and my only relic so far.  In stark contrast to the mundane relics from other brands, Panini did a great job making this one interesting, combining a great large photo with a huge swatch.  I'm now up to five cards in my nascent Hunwick PC, and I'll work harder on having more of those Michigan pads to show off right here!
Jeff Tambellini 2005-06 Hot Prospects Hot Materials jersey
Doug actually managed to add cards to not just one, but two, of my smallest hockey hit PCs, thanks to this Tambellini relic, my second (Doug is responsible for the other, actually), and third hit overall of the former Michigan lamp-lighter.  I don't think any trader has ever put more effort into finding me new items for my hockey PC than he has.

Thanks again, Doug, for trade #10!  I promise to keep the cards flowing across the border as long as we're both able.  Readers, this is the 10th time I'm telling you, so just get over to Sports Cards From the Dollar Store and enjoy yourselves, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment