Thursday, May 24, 2018

A Few Cheap Autographs

I got a few cards that I haven't seen Dennis post yet so here you go. I've been picking up a ton of relic and auto's of former Wolverines lately. I actually changed the way I search for player collections instead of searching for only up to a quarter, I search up to three bucks to include autos and relics and it's definitely made a difference on those former Wolverines whose cards are in their pro jerseys.

I'll start with the 2 non-relic/auto cards.


I know we've seen this photo here because Topps used it on a ton of his cards. I think I have 4 or 5 with this photo but somehow didn't have just the plain old Bowman Chrome. I picked this up for $.25/shipped. This is my 16th card of Taylor Lewan.


I also picked up this Leon Hall for only $.50/shipped. I upped my minimum bid for Michigan uniformed cards. I almost won this card twice as I bid on another one after I won this. I don't put them on my lists until I receive the card so I didn't realize I had just won it. Luckily, I got outbid on it.


This is my 6th card of Caris LeVert but it is my first autograph. I've bid on a couple of his but could never get one for $3 or under. This one comes to me for exactly $3/shipped, but wait, there's more. This one is also numbered 5/10, so how I won this and didn't win "lesser" autographs is beyond me but I'm certainly not going to complain.


This one may look familiar, it did to my collection as I believe it is the same card that Dennis sent me awhile ago, only this one is bigger. I haven't looked for sure but I think he sent me the mini version of this.  This is my 37th card of Shoelace, but only my 2nd autograph. I picked this up for $3/shipped as well.


This card was a steal in my mind. A Mike Hart (personal favorite) autograph, numbered to /99 and I picked it up for only $1.49/shipped. It is my 44th card of Mike Hart for my original pc guy of a former Wolverines.


I bid on a bunch of his card before I finally landed one and again, I bid on a bunch of the plain base autograph, didn't win, then ended up winning this one which is a purple die cut #'d /99. This is my 1st card of Channing Stribling and I picked it up for $2.49/shipped.


Another guy I bid on a bunch of times but couldn't win an auto cheap enough, so I cheated. Sine it was a Jake Butt in a Michigan uniform, I went a little higher on my bid. I still only won it for $4.25/shipped. It's my 5th card of Butt but my first autograph.


Last but not least, I overpaid for this card but it was for a good cause. I found a card shop in my area, it's not your traditional shop with showcases and such but you walk in and there are just a ton of boxes all over. quarter boxes, dime boxes and just boxes of rookies, stars, hof'ers ect. Oh yeah, and the lady that owns it I've known from other card shops for years. So I picked up a bunch of quarter cards that you'll see on my blog later, and I was going to pay with my debit but she was going to charge me a couple of bucks because she has a minimum to pay with a card. I understand, small business and all, so I grabbed this card and asked for a better deal then the $15 she was asking for. She knocked it down to $10 and I took it, mainly because I've known her awhile and I was excited at the prospect of having a shop to go to. I haven't been back yet because of work and she's not open very late in the evenings but I will go back. This is my 6th card of Darboh, 4 relics, this auto and a base card.

That's all I got for now so in closing, I'll leave you with the fact that we only have 100 days until our football season opener, against a team we better stomp their asses into the ground because I have personal stakes in it as I live just outside of South Bend.

Stay true to the Maize and Blue.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Hart and the UM uni autos. I actually just grabbed that Butt myself (HA!) and need to pick up a Stribling too.

    ReplyDelete