Sunday, May 20, 2018

2018 eBay purchase: Totally Chad

I suppose this probably won't top the new printing plate I showed off on TMV this afternoon but I'm happy to be posting something that at least rivals it over here.  We all know 1/1s are tough (even when there's four, as is the case with plates), but what about cards numbered to 10 or fewer copies?  Have you ever noticed that people really ask an arm and a leg most of the time?  I'll let you know if that was the case with this high-end hit:
The newest addition to my Chad Henne PC is this 2014 Totally Certified Awesome Autographs Gold auto.  Stickerphobes may shy away but I think this looks pretty cool, though I'm excited about it regardless as another hit of the former Michigan QB, my 115th overall (still way in the lead in the football collection!).  The Certified name has long been associated with nice color parallels and the gold here fits in nicely.  You might just see another version of this in a future post (spoiler:  not just 'might', you will see it because I got one on COMC).

So what's the big hubbub about the numbering?  This one is #4/5, making it just a bit more common than a printing plate set.  Fortunately the price wasn't crazy because I didn't really have to fight lots of other bidders off to win--my total was a bit under $9 delivered.  Where I begin to consider the price to be "crazy" is a starting price of $20 more more, basically more than most common printing plates should start at to say nothing of a card with five or more copies in existence.  So I was ultimately satisfied with my winning bit and another cool Henne!

No comments:

Post a Comment