Wednesday, April 18, 2018

2018 trade package #6: Bob Walk the Plank

I already showed off some amazingly generous new additions from Matt of Bob Walk the Plank on TMV this evening but I'm happy to say this latest crazy trade package had one last bullet left in the chamber:
He'd already hit my Tigers collection plus two Michigan Baseball PC guys, but apparently that wasn't enough because this excellent Jake Long patch from 2008 SP Threads was deemed worthy of making the trip as well.  I have to say I agree with his thinking as this is no "prime" jersey but a true multi-colored Dolphins patch with stitching, and numbered to an appropriately low 25 copies.

Long's been a fun guy for me to collect--and obviously I love to do so with 76 hits and counting, #2 in the football PC--thanks to his outstanding college and pro tenures, but lately he's also come across as a happily retired family man on Twitter who still supports his alma mater (and loves grilling).  He also sent this classy tweet, recognizing a fellow great:
So this is another nice hit I'll happily add to the PC of a good guy and Michigan Man from a good guy and Mountaineer Man.  Thanks again, Matt, and I look forward to hitting you back!

4 comments:

  1. That is a really attractive card! It's always fun when the swatches have stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed on both counts! Thanks for checking it out.

      Delete
  2. High end offensive lineman cards!!!! He has to be among the leaders for OL guys on having the most "hit" cards. He played at the perfect time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're 100% correct, just one part of my love for the 2008 draft class!

      Delete