Monday, April 23, 2018

2018 ebay Purchases: A-B-C-D E-Bay, jeez!

And now it's about time for some eBay pickups!  Everything you see today was purchased back in January and February, but of course I'm only posting it now because I had lots of other stuff to get to first.

The wait is over so here's the cards:
Manu-letter patch autos?  Check.  2008 draft class?  Check.  Player collection guy?  Check again.  Two more pieces towards another nameplate?  Double check!  I scored these two Arringtons plus the final card in this post for a combined $16.50, a steal of a deal.  I don't think I'll ever see a design for this type of card I like more than '08 SP Threads with its patches looking like they came right off real jerseys with the appropriate team colors.

Here's a quick look at my progress on double-A's nameplate:
That leaves me short just a "G", "O", and one more "N" for what would be my longest nameplate so far.  I'll keep an eye out for those and I hope some of you will too!  For now AA's collection moves on up to 78/370 cards with 53 hits.
...though I should definitely point out that that total also includes this, my first 1/1 of the former WR.  A 2008 Topps Mayo Mini Printing Plates Black Back, this one's a bit of an oddball in that, as its name implies, it was used to make the card's flip side (with front versions still available as well).  Though I love a good photo I like how this card encapsulates Arrington's collegiate stats while in Ann Arbor.  Definitely a cool way to nab my first of hopefully many 1/1s!  Not bad for a bit under $7.
And 1/1 #2 is a two-for-one deal that I for one think is too cool!  I was a bit surprised not to have to fend off more competition for this Jake Butt/Taco Charlton dual plate, a magenta version of the one used to make their 2017 Elite College Ties insert.  As the top of the back indicates this one was found in Panini's 2017 Plates and Patches product instead of being inserted into Elite, which is a bit confusing but ultimately makes sense as 1/1 fodder for P&P while "regular" plates can still be pulled in the rest of their products.

This excellent Michigan-themed rarity set me back around $9 around mid-February and is my first 1/1 of Butt (out of two hits) and second such card of Charlton, also out of two.  That's right--my only hits of Charlton so far are both plates!  Collecting is weird and awesome.

By the way, for those of you interested in such things I now own 104 different 1/1s.
Last up is a fun hit with a bit of a strange design that features a weird combination of colors, something that shouldn't be too surprising coming from one of Panini's more out-there brands, 2017 Phoenix.  This Hot Rookie Materials Signatures Football says "Hot Rookie" on it, contains a material (football), and includes a signature.  Don't say Panini doesn't deliver!  Numbered 042/299 it's already my third hit of the Seahawks WR and second that pairs up an autograph and relic.

That's all of the bigger stuff from the first four months of 2018 but I do have one more eBay pickup to show off that's large enough in quantity to merit its own post.  Stay tuned for that after I get my baseball pickups (all UM Baseball-related!) posted on TMV in the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment