Monday, February 19, 2018

2018 trade package #3: Bob Walk the Plank

Welcome to those of you who came here from my TMV post this evening showing off two big-time high-end hits from Matt of Bob Walk the Plank!  Many of you know him as a fellow college collector, and in his case he chases stuff of the Mountaineers of West Virginia.  Trading with college collectors is the best since they always put more effort into tracking down items of guys you collect, and I'll emphasize the "effort" part of that because it's more involved than simply finding guys wearing a pro uniform.

That's why I appreciate all of you who send me Wolverines cards, whether they're in pro or college duds.  Fortunately for me, the card I get to show off here tonight from Matt is an example of the latter:
Sauce Castillo!  Just like Matt gets to say "The original Frank Thomas!" when someone sends him Pirates cards of that guy, or "Spanky!" when Mike LaValliere shows up, I get to yell "Sauce Castillo!" when Stauskas' mug graces this here blog.

I got to mention Nik in my first trade post earlier this month (from Scribbled Ink) and now he's back on this totally awesome SPx Winning Big Materials jersey from 2014-15.  The Winning Materials name goes way back in SPx history and it's always been a great looking relic design, especially these larger versions.  And I mean the maize swatch is a big winner here, just a fantastic piece from my alma mater's colors.  It's my fifth Stauskas (one other jersey and three(!) plates) in the basketball PC.

Thanks again for this big addition of the big man, Matt!

4 comments:

  1. That yellow swatch blends in so seamlessly with your blog background, it actually looks like the card is cut-out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't actually notice that it was that close until you pointed it out. I guess that's a sign that I got the right maize hue when I was designing this blog!

      Delete
  2. I figured Michigan basketball was a little safer for me to pick up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You figured correctly, sir. You're probably in the same boat I am as a college collector--I'll happily take anything of an alum, even if it's not a sport I particularly care for (though the bonus of having a school uni swatch certainly helps)

      Delete