Tuesday, February 6, 2018

2018 trade package #1: Scribbled Ink

Fellow Michigan resident (if not necessarily college fan) Paul from Scribbled Ink was nice enough to toss a few Wolverines into the first trade package he's sent my way:
The basketball portion begins and ends with Sauce Castillo, a.k.a. Nik Stauskas.  The Mississauga, Canada native was recently joined by fellow basketball alum Caris Levert in Brooklyn.  This is Nik's RC from Panini's 2014-15 Prestige set, made when he had been drafted in the first round by Sacramento.
And the football goods are impressively 100% college uni certified!  PC guy Mike Hart and should-be future HOF CB Ty Law join in the fun from Topps' outstanding debut of Magic from 2009.  The product peaked early and was never the same as this beautiful original.

John Navarre is a guy whose cards I would pick up more often if his prices weren't so confusingly astronomical.  I have traded with someone in the past who claims to be a cousin of his, so maybe his family is driving up prices.  Anyway, that means I was plenty glad to see this 2004 SAGE HIT base of the former QB.

And lastly, the Marquise Walker RC from 2002 Pacific Heads Update was my favorite of the bunch.  Why?  The fact that I didn't have it would be the obvious reason, but more importantly, when I went to check it off of my checklist I found I hadn't included it for some reason.  That made me go back through his 2002 RCs and led to my adding two cards I was lacking on the checklist for some reason.  Crisis averted, thanks to a fun college uni RC, my 28th of the ex-WR's 50 (the correct total!) first-years.

Paul, thanks again for these great additions as well as the Tigers/PCs I showed off on TMV this evening.  I've already got a nice pile I'm working on for your return and I'm hoping to be able to give them to you in-person at a show soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment