Tuesday, April 4, 2017

3-31-17 card show report: sideline to sideline and stretching the field

As I said over on TMV this evening, I had an enjoyable card show experience last Friday after a terrible one earlier last month.  That quarter box success extended to my Wolverines collections as well as you'll see from my haul here:
Let's start with five great 90s/early 2000s base cards of coach Jim Harbaugh!  These cards give me an excuse to post this tweet from Monday:
I love our coach.

And now for some horizontal inserts:
Arrington's card is a 2008 Playoff Prestige Prestigious Picks Red insert (#364/750).  Beer/nachos/football lover Gerry Ford is represented on a 2004 Topps Presidential Pastime card from a baseball product, but he played football here, so in my football collection he shall go.  WR Devin Funchess is Chromed out on a 60th Anniversary Rookies insert from 2015.  Mike Hart (109 cards) appears on a beautifully colorful draft-related insert from 2008 Playoff Prestige, making its second appearance here.  The third is Super Mario Manningham's (136 cards) Black version of the previously-seen Prestigious Picks insert (#275/500) for our third taste of Maize and Blue goodness.

For the rest of the bunch we go deep and go vertical:
Retired WR Jason Avant appears on a second-year Chrome Silver insert (#198/299) from 2007 Topps Draft.  I found a pair of cards of fellow WR Braylon Edwards:  a 2008 Topps Chrome Refractor (already had it, oops), and 2008 Triple Threads base card (#523/779).  Leon Hall is my lone defensive player today with one of his several appearances in the SAGE HIT Big-10 insert.  I then made a bit of progress towards my Michigan Football RC collection with my second rookie of former transfer QB Jake Rudock, this one hailing from 2016 Panini.  And finally, I found one last Michigan uni (heavily airbrushed though it may be) card, a 2001 Ultra College Greats Preview of Michigan WR great Amani Toomer.

Needless to say, this show excursion made both my wallet and my Michigan Football inserts collection very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment