Thursday, April 6, 2017

2017 Leaf Draft football: the Wolverines

As I said in today's TMV posted in which I showed of a two-blaster break of 2017 Leaf Draft football, I thought at least a few of you might want to see the Wolverines from the product in a bit more depth.

First, all five base cards in numerical order (front and back):
WR Amara Darboh

RB De'Veon Smith
TE Jake Butt

WR Jehu Chesson
DE Taco Charlton

Next up is the lone Wolverine I pulled out of the Gold Parallel set, Jehu Chesson:
I didn't bother with the back since it looks exactly the same.

Finally, both of Jake Butt's entries from the All-American insert, including the Gold parallel of that:
You'll notice the text on the back is the same as that of his base card, along with the photo being identical (with a different background).

Though I didn't manage to pull any of them, nine(!) Wolverines appear in the autographs checklist:

  • Amara Darboh (SSP)
  • Ben Gedeon
  • Channing Stribling
  • Chris Wormley
  • De'Veon Smith (SSP)
  • Jake Butt (SSP)
  • Jehu Chesson (SSP)
  • Ryan Glasgow
  • Taco Charlton (SSP)

While this is a great draft class, I don't forsee every one of those guys making it onto NFL cardboard, to say nothing of autographs, so as always I appreciate products like this for including the lesser known guys.  And I hope to have some to show off here eventually!

Along with those, I'm looking forward to adding even more nice college uni signatures from products like Panini Elite (along with some true RCs of guys like Jabrill Peppers!) and Leaf Metal Draft.  This looks like another great year to be a college collector!

1 comment:

  1. Man I hate when they take the wings off the helmet. I've been waiting for the current draftees to start appearing on cardboard.

    ReplyDelete