Tuesday, February 16, 2016

2016 trade package #3: another blue & red Larkin from Condition Sensitive

My third trade package of the year continues the streak of two-parters, and if you're reading this that probably means you already saw all the great stuff I posted over on TMV courtesy of Rosenort of Condition Sensitive in the first trade I've made with the Saskatchewanian.  That includes this card, which I'll highlight a bit more here:
Dylan Larkin is a Michigan native that came to Ann Arbor in 2014 and blew the doors off the league, potting 15 goals and 32 assists in 35 games.  After Detroit made him their first-round pick that year, he opted to jump to the NHL against the advice of coach Red Berenson.  Red has since admitted that he was wrong about Larkin's readiness, and with good reason:  Dylan leads Detroit with 18 goals, 38 points, and a third-in-the-league +/- of 24 as of this evening.  He's been an offensive force and one of the most exciting rookies this season, with exhibit A being his performance in the All-Star Game's Faster Skater competition:

He breaks the record despite stumbling!

Thanks to all that, Larkin's cards don't come cheap, so I'm very glad to add my first card of him from my new Canadian buddy.  Dylan joins the ranks of WolverWings (guys that played for Michigan and Detroit, obviously) that includes the aforementioned Berenson, teammate Luke Glendening, and former defenseman Aaron Ward, and I'm happy to have him.
"C" included one other hockey card, a Michigan-uniformed Cam Stewart, who proves that the school's hockey unis are as amazing as those of the football team.  A Kitchener, Ontario, native (like Doug!), Stewart primarily played for Boston over parts of six seasons.  I did a quick check of my Michigan Hockey box and confirmed that this is just my second card of Stewart and first of him in a college uni, so it was a nice addition to the package for me.
He then stuck the landing with another Classic college photo card, this time of the legendary #21, Desmond Howard.  This '92 card is definitely of a much higher quality than many of that manufacturer's offerings, and you just can't go wrong with colorful photos of guys in their Wolverine duds.

Thanks once again, Rosenort, and I look forward to trading again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment