Monday, December 28, 2015

2015 trade package #27: Canadian Christmas Cards!

It may just about be the end of the year but I've still got 2015 trade packages coming in!  The title of this post means tonight's envelope could only be from Doug at Sports Cards From the Dollar Store, who's managed to send me six of the last seven packages(!) I've posted over here, and 13 overall on the year.  If you're counting at home, this is the 34th time I've posted cards from my hoseriffic buddy, and I already can't wait to see what 2016 brings (plus what he thinks of the latest package I sent his way).

This time I received a nicely stuffed PWE that was filled with these cards:
Hill is back to being relevant thanks to his resurgent 2015 so I hope he'll be appearing on more cardboard next year!

Here's some guys who starred for the Maize and Blue on the court, including Burke and McGary who did so recently.  I really like the simplicity of the Hoops design this year.
Chris Webber 2003-04 Flair World Leaders Game Used jersey
Also out of basketball comes this colorful Chris Webber Kings jersey relic.  The cool outlining Fleer did here makes Chris look like he came straight out of a comic book!

The football portion was a bit smaller but was still top-notch.  Brady is from this year's Black Friday set, Griese is out of the 2001 Heritage Retrofractor (not Chrome?) parallel offering and is numbered of 556, and Des's Classic card is "One of only 40,000"!
Here's a couple oddballs to add to my Red Berenson PC.  On the left is a 1991-92 Future Trends Canada '72 French issue, and the photo is amazing, especially with one player having been bowled over on the right edge.  The other is a much tinier, paper-thin offering from the 1970-71 Esso Power Players set.  Very cool!
And we'll end things today with--what else?--hockey!  Jack "MF" Johnson and a colorful A-A-Ron Palushaj bookend a pair of Patch offerings, one from last year's Masterpieces and the other from this year's UD set.  Rounding things out is a 2008-09 Panini sticker of blog favorite goalie Marty Turco.

Thanks for the fun PWE which I'm happy to report arrived on Christmas Eve, Doug!  Here's to a happy new year of trading between you and I, plus all the other great folks in the Cardsphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment