Thursday, June 4, 2015

2015 eBay purchases: a completed collection and more Michigan mishmash

I'm back today with a few more eBay purchases from last month, though I expect to put up a couple more trade posts shortly along with (hopefully) a card show recap.

Bobby Korecky 2008 Sweet Spot Rookie Signatures 50 auto (#50/50)
Up first is the latest addition to my Bobby Korecky collection and it's autograph #5 of the former Twins pitching prospect.  I believe the "regular" version of this card (#d to 399) was one of the earlier Korecky issues I picked up toward his collection, and this variant replaces the gold foil with a holographic version, plus the set's limited to 50 copies.  Regardless, it's still a fun on-card auto featuring raised "stitching" along the sides.  More importantly this is my sixth Korecky out of his tiny seven-card PC; I just need one more autograph--his 2008 SP Authentic Rookie Exclusives signature.
Michael O'Neill 2013 Panini Prizm Perennial Draft Picks Prospect Signatures Red Prizms auto (#060/100)
Moving on to a PC that's much larger and not nearly as close to completion, here's Michael O'Neill autograph #11, a Red Prizm version of this signature from 2013 Perennial Draft Picks.  The Prizms parallels seem to feature interesting colors and the holographic area for the on-card autographs looks great, plus O'Neill has a very nice John Hancock.  Bought as part of a lot that includes the Anthony Carter seen below and a few things I grabbed for trade bait, this is my 23rd of O'Neill's 83 cards to-date, and I'll just keep plugging away one card at a time!
Leon Roberts 1975 O-Pee-Chee RC (with Carter, Hill, Meyer)
Here's today's heavy hitter, a card I also posted this evening on TMV because it's primarily associated with its best player, HOF catcher Gary Carter.  However, despite the fact that gave me plenty of reason to pick it up, the real reason I'm excited is that it's the 28th and final card I needed to complete my Leon Roberts PC!  This beauty, which completes the '75 triumvirate of OPC/Topps/Topps Mini eluded me for quite a while due to the premium Carter adds.  A Canadian eBay seller let it go to me for a very reasonable $12, preserving his country's reputation for friendliness.  I'll happily keep this with the other two in my significant rookie collection, but I can now happily knock the 14th PC guy off my list!
Anthony Carter 2014 Exquisite Collection Signatures auto (#94/99)
As I briefly mentioned earlier, I grabbed this Carter in a three-auction purchase that included the O'Neill above along with a four-card lot featuring a Rich Hill you'll see in an upcoming post plus three cards destined for trade packages, all for about $14!  Having won the two other auctions I threw a relatively low bid on this beautiful UD signature of AC and was thrilled to add it to my purchase.  As usual the Exquisite brand lives up to its name with a pleasing design and gorgeous college photo enhanced by a fantastic signature (jeez, maybe they should call it "UD Superlatives" instead).  I now have nine different Carter hits (all autos) in my football collection.

Stay tuned for more posts soon, a.k.a. whenever I feel like it now that the beautiful spring/summer weather has finally returned!

No comments:

Post a Comment