Saturday, February 28, 2015

2015 trade package #5: a February TPTP from SCFtDS (Wolverines)

Doug from at Sports Cards From the Dollar Store is one of a few guys I love to trade with since he so consistently puts in the effort to send great trade items that hit PCs for both of my blogs.  That was once again the case this month as Mr. Corti is responsible for a two-part trade package (TPTP) featuring cards here as well as others that can be viewed on this evening's Too Many Verlanders post.

Here's some Wolverines that legally crossed the border this month:
As usual I start with anything baseball he sends my way, and this time Doug was able to add to my Larkin PC (248 cards strong!) with this '93 Pinnacle base card, along with a Jim Abbott from 1992 UD.

Next up is some basketballers.  THJ has done pretty solidly for the Knicks this year, carrying on a fine Michigan tradition in the NBA.  The other two Prizm cards make me wonder if I should start a new PC called "Michigan relatives" since Doug sent me one each of Shane Larkin (Barry's son, obviously), Hardaway's fellow 2013 first-rounder and teammate, and Glen Rice Jr., a Washington prospect currently in the D-League and whose bloodlines are similarly obvious.  Very cool!

Moving on to football it's a QB controversy!  The 2014 Contenders of Henne is one I know I didn't have before for sure, and that Absolute Brady may be new as well.  I hope to see all three of these guys make some noise next season, especially Shoelace.

Highlighting the package as usually is Canada's national sport, starting out with some base cards.  I'm pretty sure Doug's responsible for every single Jeff Norton (not that many, though!) in my collection; Nystrom's pictured with Dallas here but has scored a few goals for the league-leading Preds; and my favorite of the bunch is the quartet of Patch cards as he's simply torn up the 2014-15 campaign with 30 goals, 53 points, and a league-leading +34 +/-, PLUS he's tied for the league high in game-winning goals with three others--including fellow alum Mike Cammalleri--with eight.  So I say, keep the Paciorettys coming, friends!

And lastly there's the hockey hits:
Andrew Cogliano 2007-08 ITG O Canada auto
A very young Cogs signed this card picturing him with Team Canada some eight years ago!  I have a surprising nine hits of him now.
Carl Hagelin 2012-13 Panini Titanium Metallic Marks auto
Bork!  Hagelin signed a sticker for this card in which he's pictured in dire need of a haircut.  He's had a bit of a down year offensively, but he's plenty talented to turn things around next season as far as I'm concerned.  I really have to thank Doug for sending what's just my second autograph of the talented Swede (and third hit overall).
Jon Merrill 2013-14 Panini Titanium Rookie Gear Autographs jersey auto (#020/100)
Here's what I definitely consider the WOW card of the package.  Merrill is an up-and-coming defenseman for the Devils and so far in my experience his stuff isn't cheap, so I was definitely impressed to pull this auto/jersey from the envelope.  It's my third hit of Jon and amazingly all of them include an autograph!
Jacob Trouba 2013-14 Upper Deck Rookie Materials jersey
Speaking of talented defensemen, how about a jersey of young Jets star Jacob Trouba?  The second-year former Wolverine is on track to repeat his 10 goals from last year and he looks to have a bright future.  May he have a career the likes of predecessor Aaron Ward, or better!  This is my second relic and third hit overall of the Rochester, MI native.

Thanks for bolstering my Wolverines PCs once again, Doug, and as I said in the TMV post, I hope you like what I sent you once it shows up.  Readers, please get to reading the posts of and trading with Canada's finest at Sports Cards From the Dollar Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment