Saturday, February 21, 2015

2015 eBay purchase: Chad and Charles

I've got a nice bunch of things to get caught up on, including two outstanding trade packages, but today I wanted to highlight a recent three-card eBay purchase.  This one makes me want to offer a round of applause for combined shipping!  During my usual searches for interesting Michigan stuff I found a seller with a card I liked starting at $.99, and I was lucky enough not to have to go too much higher to nab it.  Then I found two more cards at reasonable prices that were ending within a few minutes and managed to win those too.  Eventually I had won these three cards for just $12 shipped:
Chad Henne 2008 Gridiron Gear jersey auto RC (#025/100)
I'd been after this interesting Henne for a good while, but as with many autographs the prices just didn't make sense.  This is the one I found with a starting price of $0.99 sense and I won it for less than $2, prompting me to go after the other two cards you'll see today.  For those of you that haven't seen this set before, or at least not in-person, it isn't as simple as just having a (slightly difficult to read) signature on a large jersey swatch--the whole thing is mounted to a white cardboard-like piece that you can pull out through the right side of the card, although it's configured in a way that you won't accidentally pull the whole thing out.  It looks like this in that configuration:
It's kind of goofy but also a fun concept, and I like the look of the autograph even if it's a bit hard to see in the scan.  I was a bit surprised to find that this is actually the "base" card of rookies in the set and is therefore actually a RC, though you get all kinds of those these days!

Chad Henne 2008 Leaf Limited Silver Spotlight jersey auto (#38/49)
Next up was another jersey/auto of Henne from a Panini product.  Ending a few minutes after the other Henne, this one started at $4 but I won it uncontested.  Other than the weird sticker placement this is a pretty nice hit of Chad that I was happy to add at a reasonable price.  The pair gives me a bit of a milestone as #7 remains #1 in the collection with 75 hits.  

Charles Woodson 2000 Crown Royale Game Worn Jersey jersey
I wasn't quite done yet at that point, though, as this card would end in just a few minutes.  To my surprise--based off sales elsewhere, mostly--I was able to get it for less than $3.  While it's not considered a "patch" I pretty much got the next best thing in the form of a multi-color swatch with some stitching on it.  Woodson is one of my favorite players but he's often expensive due to being one of the greatest to play the game, so I'm always thrilled when I can add something like this, which is my 15th of Charles, by the way.

For cards of this quality I'll happily pay $12 delivered any day of the week, so the fact that they happened to be two of my all-time favorites was icing on this Michigan cake!

Tune in soon for some more PC adds from the COMC/JustCommons/Sportlots triumvirate plus some exciting trade package adds!

2 comments:

  1. I remember pulling a Terrell Suggs like that Henne. I was pretty excited.

    Great additions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, that would be a nice pull for sure. Thanks!

      Delete