Sunday, June 29, 2014

2014 trade package #12: My Cardboard Mistress sends me some baby blue

YEAH, SPORTS CARDS, BITCH!
Back in November, Adam of My Cardboard Mistress sent me a trade package stuffed with some great Wolverines.  Well I'm back to report that he did it again, managing to include some nice football cards in an envelope that was dominated by a complete 2011 UD College Football Legends set, which you can see over at TMV right now.

Here's the Michigan-specific stuff my fellow college football-collecting enthusiast friend thought to include:
First up is a shiny Brady, part of the aptly-named Elite set from 2013.  From there we get a great trio of Anthony Carters, all from the aforementioned Legends set.  The upper-right most card is Anthony's base card, a great use of a black-and-white photo, and the others are inserts:  an All-Americans card (1981 and 1982) and a Bowl Game Heroes insert, celebrating a big Rose Bowl win over Washington in 1981.  Getting back to players closer to MY age, there's a nice Michigan uni card of former star DB Marlin Jackson out of 2005 Press Pass.  Finally, I got a pair of Denard Robinsons:  a 2013 Fleer Retro done in the style of '91 Ultra, which features a great UM action photo, and a 2013 Topps Strata RC that's headed to my UM Football RC collection.

Thanks for hitting multiple parts of my PC, Adam, and I look forward to trading again soon!  Readers, check out My Cardboard Mistress tonight, especially if you're a space program enthusiast, like some famous Wolverines:

No comments:

Post a Comment