Tuesday, September 17, 2013

2013 trade package #18: SCFtDS resorts to TnA in yet another trade

Has it really been 11 days since I last posted a trade package from Doug over at Sports Cards From the Dollar Store?  Frankly, I'm a little disappointed he only sent ONE package in that time span, but I guess I can't complain since he's promised another one to me very soon.  Good thing I have a real nice one headed back his way, likely tomorrow.

So, since Doug continued to rain Wolverines down on Michigan, here's what I got this time:
He started out with a couple football guys, including this here blog's namesake's card from 2013 Topps, plus former Michigan DB Morgan Trent.  Next were seven basketball guys, and all were different, which was very cool.

And then came my first big surprise of the package--Doug got real creative by including a Michigan Man I definitely didn't have in my PC yet:
Scott Steiner 2008 TriStar TNA Impact auto
Big Poppa Pump!  It's definitely been years since I followed wrestling, which I did a pretty good amount when I was younger.  While Steiner's probably best known for his WCW tenures, I'm old enough to remember his early 90s WWF tag-team days with his brother Rick:
Both brothers were excellent college wrestlers that found pro success in FAKE wrestling, oddly enough.  This is easily one of the most unique pieces in my Michigan sports PC and inspired me to add a new category, "Michigan other sports, etc." for cards like this.  And better yet, I've actually had another hit I've left unscanned for quite a while as I was unsure what to do with it, but now I know exactly where it belongs.  Awesome!

Like I said, that was just my first surprise, and to be fair, Doug did promise me a "first" and a "third," which left me wondering what the latter might be.  Oh, just one of the NFL's greatest QBs of all time:
Tom Brady 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Certified Skills jersey (#089/175)
Sweet!  It's my third Tom Brady relic!  Better yet, it's my new favorite Brady hit, though that's no knock against this one or this one (my first, which came in a trade from Beardy, to give you an idea of how long I've had it).  The color scheme is just very cool and the Patriot blue jersey swatch is the best of the trio.  I've pretty much stayed away from purchasing Brady hits (just the first one I linked) since his prices are ridiculous, so for Doug to include one in a trade package--and unannounced at that--was very generous.

So the "first" and the "third" both proved to be big additions to my PC, but I guess that shouldn't come as a surprise to any of you that have witnessed the EIGHT other packages from my favorite Canadian trader.  Thanks again, Doug, and I'll advise you to start getting pumped for another hockey-heavy bubble mailer headed your way.  I don't know that I need to repeat myself, but readers, please get trading with Doug and check out his blog; by the time you've finished reading a post, I'll probably have a new package to show off!

1 comment:

  1. Scott Steiner "Big Poppa Pump" - haha. I vaguely remember hearing that he went to Michigan. It might have been back when I watched WCW/WWF/WWE. Shhh!

    I like the Brady as well, I like the black and white-ish photo with the background. Just a pretty cool design.

    ReplyDelete