Sunday, July 28, 2013

2013 COMC pickups #19: LaMarre, Parrish, and Putz

I'm back with 10 cards of three of my PC guys today.  While it's been getting harder to find new stuff--or at least stuff at decent prices--as sources like COMC dry up for me again, I've still had some luck adding to my player collections.  Here's what I have for you today:

Ryan LaMarre 2012 Onyx Platinum Prospects (#214/500)
This is my 20th LaMarre, which is a nice mini-milestone.  Considering he has just 33 non-1/1s in his PC, I'm sure his stuff will be harder for me to find from here on out, or more expensive when I do find it.  This one wasn't bad at all, though, and goes with my auto and relic from that set, putting me a couple tougher autos and a parallel shy of LaMarre's run from the set.  If you happen to see any of his stuff for sale, especially the rarer versions, please do let me know!

David Parrish 2001 Topps Chrome RC (with Scott Heard)
David Parrish 2001 Topps Home Team Advantage (with Scott Heard)
David Parrish 2004 Topps Chrome Traded Refractor
Parrish, one of my newer projects, has actually been fairly reasonable to find up to this point.  With this trio I'm already at an IHAS count of 14 out of 24 (with another on the way very shortly), making him the latest PC player to surpass 50%.

The two 2001 cards put me at four of the six flagship/Chrome versions, leaving me the Chrome Retrofractor and flagship "Employee" parallel short.  I'll be honest--in all my collecting I never realized the HTA cards existed, but I guess I'm not surprised that another useless parallel exists.

The '04 Refractor, however, looks fantastic as usual.  With this card and the one I have coming in soon, I'll have the '04 Traded/Chrome rainbow, which is made up of five cards.

J.J. Putz 2005 Donruss Champions Impressions Gold (#37/50)
J.J. Putz 2006 Topps Update #43
J.J. Putz 2007 Topps Update
J.J. Putz 2008 Topps Heritage
J.J. Putz 2012 Topps Mini
J.J. Putz 2013 Topps Opening Day
And why shouldn't Putz dominate the proceedings as usual?  At 303 non-1/1 issues by my count, he's second only to Rich Hill's nearly 350 among players I collect.  These six give me a new IHAS of 145 non-1/1s, getting me oh-so-close to that 50% milestone.  There's definitely nothing all that exciting here, but adding six new Putz cards at reasonable prices is reason enough for celebration for me.  And stay tuned for a handful more cards of him from SportLots soon.

I have a few more baseball PC player COMC pickups to show off, but my next post will likely go back to the football or hockey well as I have some cool stuff to show off from those sports as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment