Thursday, October 25, 2012

COMC haul #3: maize and Drew

(Note:  all COMC haul posts can be accessed here)

Today's COMC haul cards are of a rare Michigan alum who played for the Evil Empire.  Well, I guess they're not THAT rare--Jim Abbott, David Parrish, and Scott Kamieniecki at least all come to mind.  Then again, most of those guys weren't way better at football than baseball like Drew Henson was.  Despite a majority of his cards featuring him as a Yankee, I still like to collect the guy's cards, such as these:
Drew Henson 2003 Donruss Signature Autographs Century auto (#059/100)
Drew Henson 2003 Donruss Signature Autographs Notations auto (#59/73)

Here we've got a couple variations of a signed card from 2003 Donruss Signature, and oddly enough, these are the more plentiful versions as his "regular" autograph is an SP #d /28.  The "Century" insert is obvious enough, but the "Notations" card (signed "DH #7") is interesting because it includes two other versions:  "QB #7" #d /24 and "UM #7" #d /2.  In all, Drew has seven different autographs in the product.

Thanks to this pair, which set me back less than $6, I'm now up to seven Henson (baseball) hits, three of which are autos.  I haven't decided yet if I'd like to pursue a Supercollection of him because I've never been as high on Henson as other players in my PC, plus I already have some stuff of him in my football PC.  Still, you never know, especially if I have some success completing other PCs.

Stay tuned for more tomorrow, when I'll likely go back to my backlog of eBay purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment