Saturday, October 27, 2012

A sports Saturday with a lot on my plate

Today should be a pretty busy sports day for me:  lots of college football to watch, then Michigan at Nebraska at 8 (game day post coming, but since the game's so late I thought I'd take the chance to get another post up!), and World Series game 3 at about the same time.  So yeah, I really do have a lot on my plate today, and speaking of plates,

Zach Putnam 2008 Razor Letterman Printing Plate Yellow (1/1)

here's Zach Putnam PC card #21, which is my first printing plate of him, but not my first 1/1!  Even though I paid a bit more than I had hoped in order to nab this card, I knew I had to grab it here and now because this was the first time I had ever seen any of his Razor plates appear on eBay.  Hell, I opened two cases of the stuff and never did pull one myself, and overall I haven't seen many plates of ANY player from the set for sale on the Internets.

So my Putnam collection is growing nicely (with more to scan and post) while my overall Michigan baseball PC has hit a new milestone of 125 cards.  At the beginning of the year I was hoping to end 2012 with at least 100 cards in that PC, and I'm happy to say I've more than met that goal.  You'll also notice the all-sport count is creeping toward 750, which will also be a fun mark to celebrate.

Well, I still have a few in-hand and incoming eBay purchases, plus plenty of COMC stuff to post, so we'll see where I'm at the next time I post something, but stay tuned, and GO BLUE!

And while you're reading this, please feel free to head over to TMV to check out a new Bill Freehan pickup as well!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg! I like to think of it less as a nice addition to my PC and more as another notch in our competition to acquire the most plates of our PC players.

      Delete