Monday, August 20, 2012

Yo Adrian!

Here's a recent eBay pickup that I'm excited about mainly because I passed up a good opportunity to grab it on COMC and then went a long time without finding a good price for it anywhere...until last week:

Adrian Arrington 2009 Topps Magic auto

Yep, it's from one of my all-time favorite sets:  Topps Magic.  It's one of those sets I believe Topps got 100% right.  Really, shouldn't there be one all-college uni set every year?  Combine that with the excellent artistry of the design and you've really got a winner.  You might also remember that I already have B.J. Askew and Steve Breaston, and I'm always on the lookout for the other featured Wolverines. 

I also like to show off the backs of these because they're fun as well:
I'll give you one guess as to the answer for the trivia question...

Anyway, this was an exciting pickup for me, and it marks yet another milestone:  30 hits of Adrian--every single one of them being an autograph.  That's 29 "regular" autos plus one letter manupatch.  Arrington joins Braylon Edwards, Mike Hart, Chad Henne, Jake Long, and Mario Manningham in the football 30-plus hit club.  Interestingly enough (but definitely not coincidentally), all but Edwards are from my favorite draft class of all time:  2008.

I've got a couple more fun things due to arrive soon which I'll get scanned up while I await being able to ship a simply massive COMC haul that's getting larger by the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment