Sunday, August 19, 2012

A step in the right direction: player collections

I've got a lot of different projects going on right now, both in terms of player collections and getting organized.  Well this weekend I brought both of those types together to assemble my first complete checklists for a couple of my players I collect:  Bill Freehan and Rich Hill.

While this project is in its early stages--by which I mean I think I'd ultimately like to have each item in the lists link to a scanned photo of that card--I'm very happy with where I've gotten so far.  I picked those two players since they're the ones in my PC I'm closest to wanting to "Supercollect."  Like many of you who do this with one or more players, I'm not as strict about what that means, such as not worrying about getting every 1/1 of whomever I'm after.  I just see them both as more attainable because their total number of cards isn't as ridiculous as many modern players are thanks to the explosion of sets in the 90s-aughts, plus the onset of the relic/auto craze.

So if you have any interest, please feel free to click either player below to get an idea of how I've organized things and see if maybe you have any help for me with either player!  I've made sure to note if I have any cards of each guy incoming or pending so as to avoid wasting time for everyone involved.  I also separated out the 1/1s in their own sheets for simplicity.


If I find this goes well, I may put up similar collections in my Google Drive, just without the Supercollecting idea around those players; that way I can still show off parts of my collection and give people an idea of what I already have.  If you get the urge, please let me know what you think of this project as I'd love to get some feedback.  Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Damn you! I've been meaning to look and see if I could do that with my google documents but haven't taken the time to look. Now that I know it can be done, I've got one more thing to do and it will take some time. Damn You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm putting plenty of time into getting that right, and it's been useful so far for sure. Now I'm working on linking each card I have to my Picasa Web Albums image of it, which'll take a while due to how you have to format those. But I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product. So, more work for you too!

      Delete