Sunday, January 22, 2012

Trade with Dennis

Are you confused, since this is Dennis’ blog?  Don’t be, I like to hang out with my fellow Wolverine fans and we like to swap cards.  Although Dennis is a little confused, because I send him a few cards and he sends me a huge boxful.  Not that I mind the confusion, but I was a little surprised with this.  Those that know me, know I collect White Sox cards as well.  You’ll have to check out my other blog to see some of what he sent me because THIS IS MICHIGAN.  Dennis had some duplicate auto’s he knew I needed but he sent so much more.  Here are some of the highlights.

trade-dennis04

He sent me a small stack of these TK Legacy cards.  I grabbed one from the 60’s, one from the 80’s and one from the 00’s.  These are great cards and I need to start sending Dennis some cash so he can pick me up some boxes.  The only TK Legacy that you can find around here are of the Irish kind.  He has said he’d pick me up some so I just might have to take him up on his offer.

trade-dennis03

I don’t know if Dennis remembered me mentioning that my brother played high school football with Scott Dreisbach or not.  But I loved getting this card.  My first of his, and I’ll have to message his sister when I remember to and let her know I got her brother’s card.  I graduated with her a few years before them.

trade-dennis02

I like these cards.  I really like the top 2.  Those are awesome and I can’t wait to get more.  That would be an awesome set for you custom card makers out there.  A card for every game Michigan has ever played.  I could get into a set like that.  The sketch cards are cool on their own.  You’ll see our Presidential alumni in Gerald Ford, along with Anthony Carter.  The other sketch card is of Steve Breaston who is still currently playing in the NFL.  According to the back of these cards, they randomly insert the actual sketch card into packs for each of the pictures depicted above.  I’m guessing each is a 1/1, a real 1/1, not an ebay 1/1.

trade-dennis01

Here are 4 of the TK Legacy autographed cards.  From what I’ve seen, there seems to be a lot of these autographs put out every year.  I definitely need to get into this set more.  I actually have the Adrian Arrington auto but I’ll take as many as I can get.  I had posted that I needed to get some more cards from other sports and bam, Dennis hooks me up with my first Michigan baseball card auto.  Zach Putnam, whom I believe just got traded or signed somewhere else this past week but I don’t recall which team he went to.  I’m going to try to get to some baseball games this coming year.  I assume they come down here to play Notre Dame so I must go support the Maize in Blue on enemy territory.  I already make sure I wear Michigan clothes when I go to South Bend.  I even walked a 5k that ended up on the 50 yard line at Notre Dame a few years back.  My mom, girlfriend (now my wife) and my mom all wore Michigan gear.

Thanks for the tremendous trade Dennis, I’ll be on the look out for some cards for a return package.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the stuff. All those TK Legacy autos came from the most readily-available box up here so if I buy you one you may end up with dupes, but if you don't mind that, no big deal. Putnam got traded to the Rockies, and Hiflew put up a nice post about it. Let me know if you go see Michigan at Notre Dame some time, maybe I'll try to make it down there. And we'll get you a baseball jersey somehow--are you gonna come up here again for the garage sale and fan day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on it, and I plan on getting there a little earlier. And I'm definitely hitting up the baseball jersey table next time. I must admit, I was a little jealous of the jerseys you picked up. I just hope they have some fat boy sizes for me. I think my brother and I decided next year we weren't going to try for Denard's auto and get a bunch of other players instead. That way the kids can get that experience rather then standing in one line for a few hours and coming away with nothing.

    I'll let you know if and when I'm going to a Michigan/ND game. I meant to do it last year and something came up so hopefully I can go this year. I had read Hiflew post, but couldn't remember where I read it. I was about ready to head for bed last night when I was typing it out and didn't feel like doing the research.

    ReplyDelete