Wednesday, August 8, 2018

2018 Sportlots purchases: Too Many Manninghams and the great '08s

Ok, it's about time I got started on my latest Sportlots pickups for this here blog.  I got a bit distracted, as is my way, with putting together a few more player collection albums, but today I'm ready to share the first post in this series. 

Since I began TMV's version with that blog's former and current namesakes, it's only natural that I'd do the same over here.  Mario Manningham it is!  Then I decided that his four new cards alone weren't worth a post by themselves so I added in the rest of his fellow 2008 draftees that have found their way into my PCs.  Enjoy!
First up is old double-A, Adrian Arrington.  These seven newbies were particularly helpful as Arrington is my only supercollection so far.  The first four hail from Press Pass and SAGE, the types of brands I wouldn't include in my baseball PC checklists but consider find when it comes to the gridiron.  Besides, they all feature college unis!  The 2008 trio includes Press Pass SE, its Gold parallel, and an insert called Insider Insight, plus a Glossy parallel from SAGE.

His day is complete with a 2009 Score trio of flagship, that card's Glossy parallel (an insert you may see a few more times today), and the same card from Inscriptions, a related product.  I now count 86 cards in my possession of the 370 I've checklisted for #16.
I didn't have as much luck this time with Mike Hart but did end up with a couple repeats from Arrington's haul:  2008 Press Pass SE base and 2009 Score Glossy.  At least this keeps the college uni train rolling!  Plus it gives me a new count of 124 Harts.
Blog favorite Chad Henne led all comers today with 10 new additions (card #3, from 2010 Absolute, ended up being a dupe as it's the retail version).  Issues from 2008 Press Pass, 2010 SP Authentic and SPx, and 2008 Upper Deck (College to Pros insert) get the Michigan uni treatment and are definitely highlights, though a 2009 Razor Army All-American Bowl card was an interesting change of pace.  You can now put me down for 281 Hennes and counting!
OT OG Jake Long joins Mike Hart at the table for two with this pair:  a 2009 Score Glossy insert (again!) and 2010 Topps Magic base (joining Henne above in the latter set).  While he's the only player in this post without a college action shot he's the fourth and final to be featured on a Glossy Score card, so he's got that going for him.  That and a new total of 120 cards.
And the man of the hour himself in 100% winged helmet form!  The 2008 trio comprises a Donruss Threads insert called College Gridiron Kings (brilliant!), Press Pass, and a Gold parallel from Press Pass PE.  A repeat performance from 2010 SP Authentic caps off a very nice quartet of Super Marios, giving him a new count of 198, putting me tantalizingly close to two hundred many Manninghams!

I haven't decided what I'll show off next but I have plenty to choose from so stay tuned as we near the beginning of the college season!

No comments:

Post a Comment