Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 trade package #13: I Feel Like a Collector Again

As my favorite college football team gets ready for its bowl game on Monday I'm happy to have a new football card to show off thanks to someone who definitely embodied the generosity of the season (which I've found is typical of the folks in the blogging community).

Kin of I Feel Like a Collector Again hit up my mailbox with a surprise PWE a couple weeks ago, and it included this note:
I had to look up GoGTSLive and it looks like a cool place for people that can't get enough of the hobby, so it's definitely something I'll check out.

In any case, I love that Kin thought of me here after winning a free card he couldn't use.  If "I know you'll give it a great home" isn't the motto of every trade package I send and receive, I don't know what is.

Ok, on to the card:
Well there's something I didn't see coming!  Thanks to Kin I now have my first hit of former Michigan WR Jehu Chesson:  a 2017 Playoff Rookie Signatures Hail Mary autograph.  This is yet another nice design out of Panini's Playoff product with a color scheme that highlights KC's red unis.

I'm excited that I now have signatures of both Chesson and his former position-mate Amara Darboh since I tend to associate them with each other as two of last year's top three receivers (TE Jake Butt was second in most stats) before getting picked in Michigan's stacked 2017 draft class.  Darboh led the Wolverines in catches (57), yards (862), and receiving TDs (7) while Chesson was third with 35 catches for 500 yards and added a rushing TD on 12 attempts.

It's going to be fun seeing if they can parlay pretty good college careers into long pro tenures as the next generation of Michigan WRs in the pros.

Kin, thanks again for thinking of me this Christmas and sending me a card that most definitely now has a good home!

No comments:

Post a Comment