Monday, November 7, 2016

A couple Chris Getz rainbows

With a lack of any new stuff in-hand to post, I thought I'd flip through my various PCs to see if I could find something to show off, then succeeded in that very task by coming up with a couple cardboard rainbows I'd be happy to share with everyone.

Both of these come from my collection of Chris Getz, the former Wolverine 2B who retired a couple years ago and was recently named director of player development for his original team, the White Sox.

Because I own about 75% of his 100+ cards it's not very surprising that I have two completed runs of his to post tonight, in addition to one from 2013 Topps Update I previously showed off (which can be seen here with the rest of my finished nameplates, rainbows, and other projects).

The first hails from Topps' 2008 Bowman/Chrome Draft product.  Between the cardboard and Chrome base and inserts Getz appears on 10 cards, with numbering ranging from 399 down to five.  I posted the final card I needed, the Gold Refractor /50, back in May just a week or two after I showed off two much lower numbered versions.  One of those was a printing plate, which I've decided to include with the rainbow as I've seen other bloggers do because I think it's a fun idea.

So here's Getz's 10-card rainbow from 2008 Bowman/Chrome Draft along with a plate for good measure:
Base, Gold, and Blue (#153/399)
Chrome, Chrome Refractor, Chrome X-Fractor (#120/199)
Chrome Blue Refractor (#26/99), Chrome Gold Refractor (#30/50), Chrome Orange Refractor (#09/25)
Red Refractor (#1/5), Chrome Yellow Printing Plate (1/1)

Few things are better than a colorful Chrome-ified rainbow!

My second such finished project today is only half the size but definitely more high-end.  Chris appears with his second team, the Royals, in 2010 Topps Triple Threads on a total of five cards, all of which are of the triple jersey/autograph variety.  These feature a decent range of colors and are numbered from 99 on down to 10:
Base (#97/99), Sepia (#05/75), Emerald (#15/50), Gold (#19/25), Light Blue (#10/10)

It helps that the base version is red, which throws one other color in the mix.  Or I guess you'd call it red--I mean in this five card bunch my male brain sees "red, brown, green, gold, and light blue" instead of some of the fancy names Topps opted to use.  That's fine--keep the product classy!

Please remember you can always take a gander at my other completed projects like these at this link or by clicking on the "Completed nameplates and rainbows" button up top!

No comments:

Post a Comment