Monday, November 14, 2016

2016 Blowout Forums purchase: Michael's On his Wenu!

Saturday's game at Iowa may not have gone the way I'd hoped, but I did find a couple silver linings in this weekend.  For one, Michigan is still very much in contention for the Big Ten East title, a berth in the conference championship game, and the College Football Playoff.  All that certainly makes a close loss sting a bit less.

Besides that, a very generous Blowoutcards forums seller was nice enough to toss a surprise card in with my two-card Detroit Tigers purchase last week.  And to be honest, I don't think I'm being fair calling this a throw-in:
Michael Onwenu 2016 Leaf Army All-American Bowl Tour Autographs Silver auto (#13/25)
Michael Onwenu is a beast of a lineman, O- or D-, who joined Michigan out of nearby Detroit Cass Tech in the Wolverines' 2016 recruiting class.  A consensus four-star OG, he was on some recruiting sites' top 50 or 100 lists, and he could very well become the next star OL for the Wolverines to go on to NFL glory.

But that's all in the future.  For now he'll go into his second year--the team burned his redshirt this season--with a chance at some playing time.  That'll likely be mostly on the OL, but don't rule anything out when Jim Harbaugh is in charge!

With all that in mind, I'm very excited to add a guy with so much potential to my football collection, and in a rare instance, while he's still in college.  Leaf's U.S. Army game-type cards are very cool for college collectors like me, especially to track down elusive players who don't make it past college.  I hope Onwenu gets a nice run in the NFL, but at least if he doesn't I'll get to enjoy this excellent on-card auto, numbered out of just 25.  "Throw-in" indeed.

So a very happy welcome to Michael, player #198 in my football hits PC!

No comments:

Post a Comment