Thursday, September 8, 2016

2016 trade package #14: Fuji is a Super trader!

I'm sure everyone is already aware that Mark from the Chronicles of Fuji runs one of the best collecting blogs out there.  I'm also 100% positive that those of you who've received cards from him--which is a lot of you--have a good idea of how amazing of a trade partner he is.

This week's evidence:  a one-card trade package.  How good could it be?  I'd call it SUPER:
Mario Manningham 2008 SPx triple jersey auto RC (#456/599)
As in "Super" Mario Manningham, who won a Super Bowl in 2011-12 thanks, in part, to his super catch:
I give credit to folks like Mark who remember to dig up Wolverines for me even when they have to go to the trouble of remembering who's an alum when they're pictured in NFL uniforms.  Though I suppose Mario's last name is part of this here blog's title.

Anyway, this is a great card of one of the best WRs I've been privileged to watch during my Michigan fandom.  The SPx brand was one of UD's best when it came to putting out fun, higher-end RCs featuring relics and autographs like this one, which also triples as a rookie card!  I also have such a card of fellow 2008 draftee Jake Long, and I hope to track down the other guys eventually.

Fuji, thanks again for your generosity and another contribution towards helping me achieve my favorite impossible goal:  too many Manninghams!

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing catch. As a little kid, there was nothing sweeter than making an over the shoulder catch. The fact that Mario was able to do that with two guys swarming him on the biggest stage of his career is just amazing. All while making sure both feet were in bounds. A great SB memory. Glad the package arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete