Wednesday, April 13, 2016

2016 trade package #6: spring game swap with Jeff


As I said in tonight's TMV post, Jeff (and some of his family) and I met up at Michigan's football spring game back on the first of this month, and that allowed us to swap some cards in-person, which is always more fun than mailing them, not to mention cheaper.

Since he's a fellow Michigan fan, Jeff didn't forget to bring along a few Wolverines with him:

Ryan LaMarre 2016 Topps RC
LaMarre was a second-rounder for the Reds in 2010 and finally made his Major League debut in 2015, so he was included in 2016 flagship with this great photo.  That gives me a bunch of parallels to chase, not to mention Ryan's first cards since 2012, and I now have 21 of his 37 by my count.  Although his debut didn't go very well, Boston picked him up and now I can hope he'll get a shot with them in 2016 and beyond.
Taylor Lewan 2014 Finest RC, Finest Refractor, and Topps Strata RC
And a trio of 2014 Taylor Lewans, including a pair of RCs and a Refractor for my inserts collection.  Jeff noted that he wasn't sure which, if any, of these I had since almost all of Lewan's cards, especially Topps' versions, have the same photo.  I'm actually short just his 2014 Select card now, so soon there will be less reason for confusion around here!

Thanks again for these great cards, Jeff, and I hope to see you again soon, maybe even before 2017's spring game!

No comments:

Post a Comment