Wednesday, November 18, 2015

2015 COMC/eBay/Sportlots baseball PC purchase catch-up post!

I've had a bunch of these cards in my scan folder for way too long, so here's a bunch of baseball PC pickups from my usual favorite non-trade sources:
COMC:
Chris Getz 2014 Topps Clear Stock (#09/10)
I was starting to feel like one of the few people out there who didn't have one of these so I was thrilled to find Getz's version of one of Topps' few awesome ideas from the last few years--and it wasn't even as expensive as I thought it would be!
Steve Howe 1995 Bazooka
This is just one of a larger bunch of Howe pickups that you'll get to see a bit later in this post.  Fortunately, 1995's Bazooka set doesn't bring back the horrible memories that 1996's does--think worst...collation...ever.
Michael O'Neill 2014 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs Refractor auto (#375/500)
I've still got a long way to go on my O'Neill collection--this is just my 26th card out of his 83 I've checklisted so far.  But every little bit helps, and it always gives a PC a nice boost to add an autograph and Refractor at the same time!  By the way, nearly half of my O'Neill cards feature signatures, with a whopping 12 owning that distinction!

eBay:
Rich Hill 2009 Topps Heritage Ad Panels (with Poreda and Hall)
This is actually my most recent purchase this month, a card won on eBay exactly 10 days ago.  These Heritage Ad Panels can be a pain to track down, but once in a while you find a guy selling a bunch and luck out.  And as luck would have it, this should be the last Hill I need to track down now that I have three different versions (two, three).  I hadn't added this one to my checklist for whatever reason, so I now list 349 total cards in the run of the newest member of the Oakland A's (congrats, Rich!), of which I have about 70%.  I wonder if his bit of success this year will lead to any cards in 2015 or 2016?

Sportlots:
Chris Getz 2010 Topps Heritage
Just one other card of Getz, but it's from the classy-looking 2010 Heritage set, and it's further classed up by the Topps All-Star Rookie logo.  Today's pair puts me pretty close to the 75% mark of his collection.
Steve Howe 
1992 Topps Gold;  1992 Upper Deck Gold Hologram;  1994 Stadium Club Golden Rainbow
1994 Topps Gold;  1995 Collector's Choice Silver Signature;  1995 Fleer
1995 Stadium Club Virtual Reality
And I finish off the post with seven more cards of Howe.  I got a lot of help from Sportlots sellers from whom I was mainly purchasing UM football rookies.  As always, combined shipping FTW!  Nothing terribly exciting here, though there's only one non-insert card ('95 Fleer).  Oddly enough, every single insert is a parallel, including UD's questionable Gold Hologram set that features--you guessed it--a gold hologram on the back of the card.  Woooo.  I keep plugging along on this collection, though, and stand at 62/82, good for about 83%, which isn't bad for a collection I began just a few months ago.

Next up I intend to get to a couple trade posts before showing off COMC stuff and a huge, huge cache of the aforementioned football rookies.

2 comments:

  1. The clear acetate cards are awesome. I buy up as many Pirates as I can find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should see if I can find anybody else I collect in that set since they look so cool. How many Pirates have you found?

      Delete