Saturday, September 12, 2015

2015 trade package #22: let's go blue deja vu from SCFtDS

I'm writing this post while watching college football, so of course the contents of this trade package is entirely...hockey.  Just a couple days after I posted my last haul from Doug over at Sports Cards From the Dollar Store, I received yet another mini bubble envelope from my buddy to the northeast.  He promised that this one was going to include a bit less variety than the last one, but I can't say that worried me much knowing his ability to dig out stuff that's very useful to me.  Here's what he sent:
Yep, today's subject is sniper Mike Cammalleri, a winger going into his second season with the Devils after appearing with the Kings, Flames (twice), and Canadiens.  Two of those clubs are pictured above, plus the Manchester Monarchs, an affiliate of the Kings, and with that team Mike scored 72 goals over parts of three seasons before going on to multiple 20-goal seasons in the pros.

For my money the Crown Royale card is the most fun, but you just can't go wrong with the array of brands Doug went with here.  Knowing a guy who loves repacks sure does have its advantages!
Mike Cammalleri 2007-08 Artifacts Autofacts auto
Hit #1 is my fourth autograph (and sixth card including his signature), from UD's Artifacts set.  2007-08 was actually Mike's final season with the Kings, but the year before he put up then-career highs of 34 goals and 46 assists; he's since topped the goals mark (39 in 2008-09).  His signature is decent and it's pretty consistent, as you can tell via my hockey collection.
Mike Cammalleri 2011-12 Ultimate Collection Premium Swatches jersey (#11/35)
Next we go to a jumbo jersey that may be as large as my other four relics of him combined!  A beautiful Canadiens swatch this large lives up to both the "ultimate" and "premium" billing for sure.
Mike Cammalleri 2013-14 Totally Certified Printing Plates Cyan (1/1)
And why shouldn't Doug top it all off with a plate, making this twice in a row that he sent me a 1/1?  Most of my 40 (milestone!) 1/1s and plates hail from baseball, so naturally I'm thrilled to add my sixth hockey version.  I'll have to flip through my Michigan hockey base stuff to see if I have the regular version of this.

These three cards were a fun way to get Mike's hit collection into double-digits with 12, and he's only the third player (Marty Turco, Brendan Morrison) to reach that mark so far.

Thanks for a great player-specific package, Doug!  Not too much has changed since I last posted stuff from you, but I might have a few things headed my way soon that should be worthy of gracing your mailbox, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment