Monday, August 3, 2015

2015 COMC purchase: good luck, Chuck

Well it's about damn time I'm getting around to posting my COMC purchases from May and June!  I'm kicking these posts off with a nice pile of RCs of my favorite Michigan defensive player of all time (OF ALL TIME!):  Charles Woodson.

Over the last year or so I've put a good dent into his collection of rookies which appears to amount to 43 cards.  If I wasn't intentionally chasing all of them before, I am now (along with all other Michigan Football RCs, but that's for another post).  Hence, I picked up the following from my favorite card source:
Scan 1's cards (all from 1998, of course):

  • Aurora
  • Bowman's Best
  • Collector's Edge Odyssey
  • (Pacific) Omega
  • Pacific
  • Playoff Prestige Hobby
  • Playoff Prestige Retail
  • Revolution
  • Skybox Premium

Scan 2:

  • Topps
  • Topps Chrome
  • Topps Season Opener
  • Topps Stars (#8627/8799)
  • UD3
  • Upper Deck Encore
There's a nice variety of brands and shots here.  Four cards are of the coveted Wolverines uniform variety and three (with the same photo) show him holding his well-deserved Heisman.  Six manufacturers are represented and one card is serial-numbered.  And then they all have one thing in common:  a nice new home in my Michigan Football RC collection!  I now own 28 of Chuck's rookies with a few more on the way, though some of the others may be tough to get, especially the Leaf Rookies & Stars and SPx Finite versions.  I'll keep at it, though, because that's what I do.

Stay tuned for more COMC scores, including hits and inserts from multiple sports along with some PC guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment