Sunday, April 5, 2015

4-3-15 card show report: spring game Wolverines

A day after attending Michigan's spring football game (emphasis on the "game" for the first time in forever!) with Jeff, I'm finally getting around to posting my pickups from the monthly show I made it to on Friday.  Exactly half my scores can be seen on TMV this evening while the other 10 cards are right here where they belong:
Jamal Crawford 2008-09 Topps Retail Relics jersey
I didn't find much in the way of hits this time but I did end up buying this cool, if simple, Jamal Crawford jersey relic for a buck.  It may not be much to look at design-wise but the photo makes it for me.  Jamal now has five cards (all relics) in my basketball collection.
How about some inserts?  I had a very Charles Woodson kind of day starting with this Blue parallel of his 1998 Fleer Brilliants rookie.  It didn't scan very well but looks nice, and is a much better version than the base card.  On the opposite end of the "OMG MY EYES" scale is a 2002 Crown Royale Majestic Motion insert of the A-Train.  It was so bad in that way only Pacific could make it that I had to have it.  Finally, the best of the three is the 2008 Donruss Classics Saturday Stars of blog favorite Chad Henne in his Michigan uniform.  It's numbered to 1000 and appropriately includes Henne in its group of college football stars.
Next is a trio of rookies along with a Denard 2013 Topps Kickoff LCS giveaway card I erroneously included with them.  Buckeye-slayer Tim Biakabutuka starts us off with his '95 SP card, and that set's design has been recalled in a few recent UD products.  Joining him is blog favorite Charles Woodson on two 1998 rookies from Score and UD.  The seller probably had about 20+ of the Score rookie but one was enough for me!  I now count 13 unique rookies of Woodson in this collection.
Chris Perry 2004 Fleer Tradition Rookie Throwback Threads Jerseys jersey
Lastly, I did find a couple cheap football hits I was happy to add to the collection.  Number one is this fun jersey relic of RB Chris Perry.  Fleer also made "helmet" and football versions along with a couple combinations.  The pair of photos of Perry in the old-school leather helmet are great, so I'm gladly adding this as my 44th hit of the former Bengal.
Denard Robinson 2013 Topps Prime Relics jersey (#040/170)
And finally, a Denard jersey relic from the Stadium Club wannabe, Topps Prime.  As usual I have no explanation for Topps' odd numbering, but I like the photo and the bold green Jacksonville jersey swatch.  Shoelace continues climbing the ranks with his 17th hit.

All in all a good time as usual, and I'm sure I'll be back next month picking up more stuff for me as well as continuing the never-ending influx of trade bait!

No comments:

Post a Comment