Friday, June 6, 2014

2014 trade package #11: June playoffs can only mean one thing

HOCKEY!  What, did you think I meant blah-sketball?

Anyway, can you believe it's been almost three weeks since I've posted a trade package from Doug at Sports Cards From the Dollar Store?!  Well worry not, he's back and better than ever thanks to today's entry into the trade post archives:
We start things off with four players:  hockey Mikes Cammalleri and Comrie, a duet of Andrew Cogliano, and Stanley Cup Finals participant (and goal-scorer!) Carl Hagelin.  The artsy UD Canvas card in the upper-right is my favorite here, although the European card of Comrie is also very cool.
Jack Johnson's Blue Jackets may have bowed out in the first round, but he makes a strong appearance here with six cards, including co-favorites Panini Prizm (love that design) and another gorgeous UD Canvas card.  The lesser known Brad Jones makes another appearance, and Doug may be responsible for every one of his cards in my PC.  College-favorite Jed Ortmeyer also makes a cameo, as does former Wing and multiple Cup-winner Aaron Ward (whose autograph from the same set I'm pursuing).
Closing out today's stellar group of base/inserts is this quartet of my all-time favorite goalie, Marty Turco.  If the fact that Turco, a Wolverine, didn't clue you in that this was a Buckstorecards package, or that it featured this big bunch of mask shots, then both combined made it a dead giveaway.  I loves me some Turco, so I hope he keeps sending them!

Per usual, he threw in some nice hits.  One is an autograph I already have,
...this '05-'06 BAP signature of Mike Comrie with the Coyotes.  I don't have to get rid of it, but if anyone reading this would like to trade me for it, just ask!

One of the new hits for me was this Aaron Palushaj 2011-12 Panini Prime Signatures auto (#87/99), just my second hit of the two-year Wolverine center from my hometown of Livonia, Michigan.  If you ask me, the design and signature live up to the "Prime" moniker very well.

Finally, although he wasn't a Wolverine, this Danny DeKeyser 2013-14 Totally Certified Rookie Roll Call Jerseys Prime Blue patch (#13/50) was so sweet I wanted to show it off here as well as over on TMV.  And Danny isn't exactly irrelevant to this here blog as he played at nearby-ish Western Michigan, one of the Wolverines' former CCHA foes.

Well Doug, you've knocked it out of the park banged it into the back of the net (gotta keep with the hockey theme!) yet again!  Thanks for some excellent cards, and you should now look forward to the next bunch heading your way as soon as I get them ordered!  Readers, this is my 17th trade with Doug since December of 2012, so if you need me to tell you to go check out Sports Cards From the Dollar Store again, you need a Zdeno Chara body check face first into the boards!

No comments:

Post a Comment