Wednesday, February 26, 2014

COMC/JustCommons/Sportlots 2013 roundup part 11: Putzing around near the end

(Note:  view all posts in this series with this link)

I've been sitting on a bunch of purchases from late 2013 that needed to be recorded, scanned, and posted, and I'm finally getting around to those.  In many cases I may just mash up purchases by player instead of online store to make things easier.  We'll see just how many posts I get out of this series, which I'm going to abbreviate COMC-JC-SL 2013.

J.J. Putz is the focus of my second-to-last baseball post in the series, so let's get down to it with a lucky 13 new additions:
J.J. Putz 2004 Donruss Team Heroes Showdown Bronze (#039/150)
I sort of like the colorful-but-simple base card, although I don't think the Bronze border adds all that much to the package.
J.J. Putz 2005 Donruss Champions Impressions Green (#18/25)
You can really tell this is one of those sets where Panini based the entire design around room for an autograph and then worked backwards.  This is my fifth out of nine cards in this set.
J.J. Putz 2005 Donruss Signature Autograph Gold Master Series auto (#03/50)
In their heyday, the on-card Donruss Signature sets were a sight to behold.  This one's not bad, and features one type of sticker I'm cool with.  It's my fifth of eight in the set, with a pair of autographs and a parallel /10 to go.  Also, this is my seventh autograph and 12th overall hit for J.J., and #249 in the Michigan Baseball PC!
J.J. Putz 2007 Topps Co-Signers Blue (with Felix) (#044/250)
J.J. Putz 2008 Topps Co-Signers Silver Blue (with Felix) (#072/250)
J.J. Putz 2008 Topps Co-Signers Silver Bronze (with Felix) (#293/300)
Aaaaaand queue the reasons for the "parallelarrhea" tag today.  A good number of the Co-Signers parallels look cool, but there's 12 and 10 cards in the 2007 and 2008 sets respectively that I need to chase after, and they get ridiculous after a while!  I have just three from the former and four from the latter at this point.
J.J. Putz 2008 Topps Heritage Chrome Refractor (#167/559)
Now here's a parallel I can enjoy!  I think the Heritage Chrome concept was a great idea, and making Refractors was a natural extension of that.  Sorry the Refractory-ness doesn't come across as well in this scan, but trust me--it's Refractastic.
J.J. Putz 2009 O-Pee-Chee Black
Ok, what I said about the Copper Team Heroes card above?  Take that and multiply it by 10 and then apply it to this card.  Wooo black border....
J.J. Putz 2009 Topps Attax
File this under "The crap player-collectors have to put up with."  At least it was cheap, I guess.
J.J. Putz 2009 Topps Wal Mart Black Border
J.J. Putz 2011 Topps Target
Stupid, useless retail exclusive meets slightly more interesting useless retail exclusive.
J.J. Putz 2013 Topps Mini
J.J. Putz 2013 Topps Mini Gold (#47/62)
Try calling someone "YOU LITTLE PUTZ!" and see how that goes.  As for the Gold, that's a parallel I've always liked, so it's ok in my book.

13 dynamite new J.J.s give me a new PC total of 174/308, with an additional four 1/1s and three "others" for a new count of 181 in Putz's collection.

More on the way soon, including a new Doug C. trade package, the final two posts in this series, another Justcommons haul, and a few welcome additions to the TK Legacy collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment