Sunday, April 14, 2013

2013 SportLots purchase #1: the PC three

Hi all, and sorry for the huge delay between posts!  As I said over on TMV today, I've been pretty busy the last week or so, but I'm trying to get back in the swing of blogging regularly.  Check out that link to see what I picked up from my first SportLots purchase of the year in terms of set wants, then take a look below to see what I picked up relevant to this here blog.

So besides set wants and a bit of trade bait, all of which I picked up from just one seller (shipping win!), I searched for every PC I'm working on in his inventory and came up with three cards I needed, so I grabbed those as well.  They were these:

Chris Getz 2010 Topps 206
My 26th Getz is this base card, of which I already owned Bronze and Mini (Piedmont) versions.  Chris has eight different issues in this set and I'll soon have six of those, which isn't bad.  I still think 206 was overkill considering Topps' plethora of comparable products, but this is still a reasonably cool card.

Rich Hill 2006 Bowman Heritage
Well you knew I had to get at least ONE Hill or I wouldn't be happy.  Of Rich's four versions in this set, I'm now just short the White parallel.  I was never a huge fan of the design of this set mainly because it's just too plain, but then again, I'm not the kind of guy that appreciates vintage like many of you.  Like I even care--this is Hill #194 for me!

Clayton Richard 2013 Topps Heritage
If this front looks familiar, that's because I scored his Venezuelan Black Back parallel on eBay fairly recently.  This year's Heritage set looks nice and I'm happy to have picked this up, my 57th IHAS card of Clayton.

Sure, it was only three cards, but they were throw-ins on a SportLots package, and any new PC card is a great PC card!

I have lots and lots more to show off now that I'm hopefully back in the habit of posting, including more COMC stuff, a fun Blowout pickup, a few more eBay items, and a fantastic Blowout in-person purchase, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment