Monday, April 1, 2013

2013 eBay purchase #18 and Blowout purchase #2: catching some TZs

My last two March 2013 purchases arrived today, which coincides nicely with MLB's main opening day.  One of the cards--the eBay pickup--I actually bought on the 21st, the same day as the Hill/Fuld booklet from last week, but it just now got here because the seller took WAAAAY too long to ship it.  The card from Blowout arrived much quicker.

I managed to snag this pair for under $10, which is good considering how much I'd already thrown down during the month, especially on COMC.  Sticking to a budget's been great so far, though--I don't feel like I've missed out on anything because of my self-imposed limits, and I'm also making collecting more fun and challenging by avoiding just throwing money at cards I need for my PCs.

Here's what I picked up:
J.J. Putz 2013 Topps Silver Slate
This one came to me from a Blowout seller for a pretty reasonable $3 dlvd.  Lots of Blowout members busted their Topps Silver Slate redemption packs hoping for big hits, and a few did pretty well, but I was more interested in the ones that pulled either of Putz's versions.  Though the "regular" cards aren't serial-numbered, I suspect that they're somewhat rare, and anyway I didn't mind paying a mere $3 to someone else for dealing with the wrapper redemption and shipping.  It's a pretty nice looking parallel, too, and I hope to be able to show off a sweet rainbow when everything is said and done--that is, if Topps ever stops producing 2013 parallels!  This is Putz IHAS card #63 (including three 1/1s), by the way.

Chris Getz 2012 Topps Mini Silver (#4/5)
Speaking of cards I'm glad someone else pulled, here's a fairly rare Getz that's my lowest numbered card in his PC to date.  Since every player in the set was the subject of one of these tough parallels, it's not exactly like it was very easy to pull a specific player.  The eBay seller originally though so too, I guess, because he listed it with a starting price that was way too high for anyone with a brain.  When he finally gave up on that lunacy, he listed it starting at $0.99 (with free shipping) and my $6.49 bid had me laughing all the way to the bank (which, incidentally, is a weird thing to call my mailbox).  It's funny to have the rarest parallel before I have the base card, and yet here we are.  This makes exactly 25 IHAS cards for Mr. Getz, with more to come soon from COMC.

Speaking of my favorite site for acquiring cards, since my second 2013 package has arrived I'll start showing that stuff off very soon, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment