Wednesday, March 6, 2013

2013 eBay purchase #12: your purple pros just give you away

Here on this blog, "EMF" stands for "excited Michigan fan," but I can see how you might have been confused by the title.

So anyway, while the price of this purchase wasn't much to write home about, the shipping WAS unbelievable--this pair of cards arrived in a PWE in my mailbox a mere two days after I won the auctions and paid exactly zero for postage.  Here's what I got this time:
Rich Hill 2007 Upper Deck Predictor Purple
J.J. Putz Upper Deck Predictor Purple
A reasonable $4.75 delivered netted me this pair of odd 2007 Upper Deck inserts.  I'm sure a good number of you are familiar with UD's old Predictor inserts, which generally featured a variation of a contest where a winning card turned into an upgraded card or set.  In this case, it would appear that winning cards earned you a special factory set, but I'm not sure what the difference is between the various colors other than relative scarcity--Blue and Green versions also exist, but I believe the Purples are the rarest, and though they're not numbered, I've heard they have a print run of 50 copies each.

No matter--they're new to each player's PC and that's what's important to me.  The '07 UD design isn't among my favorites due to the borders on the sides, but both cards feature nice action photos of the pitchers in their motion, so that's a definite plus.

I now have IHAS counts of 184 for Hill and 61 for Putz, with plenty more to come.  And just in case you didn't find today's post exciting, here's some music completely unrelated to this post's title:

No comments:

Post a Comment