Monday, April 23, 2012

B-B-B Braylon and the Jets

It's been a little while, but another Blowout seller happened to have a pair of Wolverines I needed, and purchase them I did.  Believe it or not, today's post features pickups from Blowout that represent my only purchase from the month of April.  That's right, after averaging north of $300 a month (mostly thanks to my large COMC purchase and then the still-to-come huge in-person lot I picked up in March) for the first three months of the year, I've spent a total of just $10 in April with just a week to go, and I'm determined to hold out because it seems like that would be a nice goal to hit, not to mention a break for my Paypal account.  I haven't set a yearly total threshold that I don't want to cross yet, though I do have a couple numbers in mind, but they're nothing so tidy as $30 a week.  I'll figure something out at some point, but for now, join me in enjoying this pair of Jets:

Braylon Edwards 2011 Topps Rising Rookies Playmaker Jumbo Swatch jersey (#04/10):
And with that, Braylon is back in a dead heat with Chad Henne at 37 total cards.  This card is a nice break from Topps' usual abortion of a relic and features a nice jumbo swatch of J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS green. I also love the fact that it's numbered so low.  There are several different variations of these Playmaker cards (as you'll see in a second) and patch versions do exist, but for now I'm definitely happy with an excellent jersey like this.  My 37th Bray-Bray is already my 28th relic of him, but considering how few autographs I had of him even a year ago, I'm thrilled to be at nine of those and counting.  Will Edwards build some momentum heading into future CoMB and other TMM posts?  Tune in to find out!


David Harris 2011 Topps RIsing Rookies Playmaker auto jersey (#08/25):
Harris is simply a beast on defense, and he certainly looks the part on this card.  Though his sticker auto isn't the easiest in the world to identify (don't lie--if I zoomed in on just the signature you wouldn't know who this was), I do like the overall look of this guy with a nice jersey-auto combo.  It's also fairly low-numbered like Braylon's, and while I'm not in love with the white swatch, the autograph more than offsets that for me.  I now stand at 15 Harris hits and every single one of them includes a signature, something that can't be said about most of my players.  Only one of those includes David in a Michigan uni, though--I gotta work on that!

Stay tuned for more CoMB this week, and maybe I'll come up with other stuff too in case you guys are getting bored looking at all my recent pickups.  Until then, go Washington Capital and Michigan alum Mike Knuble and GO BLUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment