Monday, February 27, 2012

Super Mario Bros. 4

A day after Jeff posted a couple new Mike Harts, I'm back with a small lot I grabbed on Blowout.  But first, this one's for Adam:
Yep, courtesy of MetsBlog.com that's Virginia native David Wright sporting a Denard jersey after he lost his own Sugar Bowl bet Jeff Wilpon, part of the Michigan family that owns the Mets and a group that's been otherwise...um...ineffective with its money.  Looking good there, David, but I'm pretty sure you couldn't catch D-Rob in a footrace.

So, onto the goods.  Four cards from Blowout, $12 delivered to my door, and they are:
Mario Manningham 2008 SP Rookie Threads dual jersey (#96/99) 
 Mario Manningham 2008 SP Rookie Threads "MM" dual jersey (#173/199)
Mario Manningham 2008 SP Rookie Threads "RT" dual jersey (#016/250)
Mario Manningham 2008 SP Rookie Threads dual patch (#73/82)


I thought this was a pretty nice haul for a bit more than $10; I didn't have any of them and they add nicely to my Manningham collection, especially the patch, my first of Super Mario.  All told, I now have 32 hits of the New Math, 18 being relics, plus the above patch.  Football now stands at 444 and the total PC has made it up to 556 with some more new stuff incoming shortly!

2 comments:

  1. They couldn't come up with another parallel of the card? Great cards though of one of my favorite receivers.

    I saw the picture of David Wright earlier today but didn't realize he lost a bet. That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I dunno, there may have been more versions, this is just what the guy had, and at least the patch looks pretty interesting.

      The Wright thing's funny but I'm happier with my haul from Adam!

      Delete