Thursday, March 28, 2019

3/23/19 show report: a few blue

While my take-home from March show #2 (in Troy) was a bit light, as described on TMV this evening, it skewed more towards quality when it came to the Michigan stuff I scored, mostly thanks to the "reasonable seller" I mentioned over there.  And, hey, it takes less effort to post about five cards than fifty!
It may be MLB's opening day, but don't tell that to coach Jim Harbaugh on this 2000 Topps Season Opener base, one of this two appearances in that set.  2000 was his second straight season with the Chargers and would be his final NFL campaign.  This card was easily worth the $0.05 asking price!
The other four are all hockey hits that set me back just a buck apiece.  I've seen this seller's stacks of $1 cards before and had a little luck, but it's been a while since I had this much success.  First up is a 2006-07 Black Diamond Gemography auto of former icer Danny Richmond, a guy I got to see play over the years I had season tickets.  It's my third hit of his (jersey/auto/RC and a plate).  Next is just my second hit of Blake Sloan (auto), a pretty good patch for just a buck, and a numbered one too, out of 2000-01 Titanium.  And lastly I dug up a fun pair of jerseys of blog favorite goalie Marty Turco, who continues to dominate my hockey PCs in hits (38) and total cards (115).  They come from 2005-06 SP Game Used and 2011-12 Upper Deck, with the latter depicting his brief stay with the Blackhawks.

Hopefully I'll be back with more Michigan stuff from my usual haunt in Taylor in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment