Sunday, September 30, 2018

2018 eBay purchases: Henne given Sunday

After finally eclipsing the $1000 mark on card spending this year in September I went back and took a look at my monthly spending going back to 2012 (the first year I started keeping track) and noticed that since 2018 my overall spending is way down from what it was prior.  And I think that's a good thing, because I'm still picking up things I like and growing my collection while cutting the fat and leaving some to spend on other frivolities.

So 2018 has been another year of good collecting value for me, and a great example of that is my most recent eBay pickup:
The card:  a 2013 Panini Contenders Cyan Plate of blog favorite QB Chad Henne.  The cost:  a measly $6.49 delivered.  Hell, the tree fiddy shipping cost more than the card itself!  It's a plate version of this typically solid Contenders base card:
Henne's actually no longer with the Jags as he signed on with KC for a couple years this past offseason.  Jacksonville sure loves them some Jortles, let me tell you.
Image result for jake jortles
Of course he's unlikely to see much--if any--playing time this year thanks to the red hot play of sophomore QB Patrick Mahomes.  So I don't know when Chad will next see the field, but fortunately there's still lots of his cardboard to chase.

As for what I do have, that amounts to 282 total cards including six 1/1s as part of a football collection-leading 119 hits.  This new addition also marks my 112th 1/1, a number that boggles my mind every time it increases.

Until next time, JOOOORRRRRTLES!

No comments:

Post a Comment