Sunday, July 22, 2018

2018 eBay purchases: "Booty and the Shoelace" is my new morning radio show

I'll start showing off my Sportlots stuff over here next time but first I wanted to make sure I posted a couple eBay cards I scored from a seller who had a pair of cards I sent in my latest trade package for Doug.  After all, combined shipping rules!

Enjoy this cool pair of football hits:
First up is my third autograph (and fourth hit overall) of star TE Jake Butt, one I scored for about $3.  This one comes from last year's Panini Contenders product and is his base auto RC version, not to be confused his other base auto, #253, or Contenders Draft Picks, for that matter.  As usual it's got a nice design going for it including the usual ticket motif.  Since card backs don't usually get much love I like that some of his key info is right up front, such as his hometown of Pickerington, Ohio, a place that produced his teammate Taco Charlton among other former Wolverines.

Here's hoping for a healthy year for J-Booty after a 2017 lost to injury.
As for co-host #2 on a radio show that totally needs to happen, that would be Denard Robinson.  The former spark plug QB recently joined former teammate Devin Gardner in the CFL and I hope he gets to show off his many talents there.  Going back to his former NFL dreams here he is on an autographed version of Panini's Rookies and Stars Slideshow (#41/91) from his rookie year of 2013.  Of course I love adding an autograph of one of my favorites but even without the ink I'd be a fan of this one having enjoyed the origin of the Slideshow name way back in the 90s with Leaf.  It's a great way to make a card stand out with so many autographs out there, and I'd say it's a pretty nice compromise between on-card and sticker autographs.

A bit more than $4 was enough to let me add this, card #85 and hit #39, to Shoelace's collection, with a few more on the way from Sportlots.

And speaking of that site, watch for lots of posts covering those pickups soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment