Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Michigan Mentions #1: Marty Turco

As I was getting my Marty Turco PC scanned a few weeks ago I ways paying more attention to the card backs than I usually do (which I definitely need to do more!) and was happy to notice that a good number of them mentioned his college career to some degree.  That got me thinking that it would be fun to start a new feature here where I find cards from my player and overall collections that do the same.  Hence today's first post (hopefully of many) in the series!

I came up with 12 cards from my small-but-growing collection of Turco that qualified--leaving out Michigan-specific sets like TK Legacy--and you can see all of them below.  Oddly enough 10 of the dozen came from Upper Deck brands--maybe someone there was a fan/alum?--with the other two were made by Topps.  Some simply mention that he played for Michigan while others go into his record-setting play there including the pair of NCAA titles.

I hope you enjoy this series that'll give me a new way of showing off parts of my collection while devoting some time to the underappreciated side of cardboard collections!
2000-01 Topps Premier Plus Game-Used Memorabilia
2000-01 Upper Deck Ice
2002-03 Topps Heritage Crease Piece
2002-03 Upper Deck Super Saviors
2005-06 SP Game Used

2008-09 Collector's Choice Stick-Ums
2008-09 SPx
2008-09 Upper Deck
2008-09 Upper Deck Spectacular Saves
2009-10 Artifacts
2009-10 SPx
2009-10 Upper Deck

No comments:

Post a Comment