Tuesday, November 21, 2017

2017 trade package #10: Bob Walk the Plank

If you headed over here from TMV this evening then you already know that Matt of Bob Walk the Plank knocked it out of the park with the three cards I showed off from the trade package he sent me recently.  But did you know he also delivered a perfect strike to the end zone?

Yep, he also sent a Michigan Football card my way while managing to keep the high-end theme most definitely intact:
As if attacking my favorite Tigers player (twice!) with big cards wasn't enough, Matt also targeted my #1 Michigan guy in QB Chad Henne with this 2013 Score End Zone parallel.  Score is one of my favorite products each year because when it comes to their parallels they tend to shun the mistakes others make and give you something that looks like a nicer version of the base card (generally with numbering) instead of a minor change (like something done to the back--one of my pet peeves).  You've probably already gleaned from the scan that my excitement is due to that foil stamp in the lower-left, showing that just six copies of this insert were made.

I also want to give credit to Panini for using a pretty cool photo (on a landscape layout no less), so I decided to do a quick bit of research for some context.  It looks to me as if this was taken from Jacksonville's December 23, 2012 (hey, practically Christmas!) matchup with the visiting Pats.  It just so happens that that game pitted a pair of Wolverine QBs against each other, though neither had a great day.  New England's Tom Brady did enough to win going 24/41 with 267 yards and TD passes to Danny Woodhead and Wes Welker, but he also tossed a pair of picks.  Of course, that was better than Henne's lone touchdown and three interceptions, though he did rack up 348 yards on a 29/51 day.  What's notable, though, is that he added 22 yards on two rushes, including a 15-yarder.  I'm guessing that's the exact play we're seeing above, based on the small amount of the play we can see.

Anyway, I'm geeked to be adding such a low-numbered Henne to my collection in addition to the other crazy stuff I showed off in this evening's other post.  Thanks for the heavy hitters, Matt, and I'll be hitting you back before the year ends!

3 comments:

  1. That is a nice card, great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pumped to find a high end Michigan card you didn't have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Score Hockey. This same years' hockey counterpart is one of my favorite designs ever. The parallels are awesome! The black borders on this certainly make it a better looking card than a white border.

    ReplyDelete